Monday, February 28, 2011

Singapore :)

As I read about the budgets, I wonder how each year the government gives something sweet and also something sour - so we can balance our emotions and help us understand better why certain steps are necessary

On this special day however, felt a little nostalgic. Probably it was because the budgets reminded me of how Singapore have come and with every change, we Singaporeans try our best to accommodate while hoping the government will guide in softening the blow. And as time moves forward and the tides attempt to overcome us, we still stand strong as one, though squabbles at time, we stay united - braving the winds and competition - moving forward.

With this, shall share with my dear blogger friends, our old-time national day songs - it being our fav as it echoes the voice in us.

HOME - Eng Version

Whenever I am feeling low
I look around me and I know
There’s a place that will stay within me
Wherever I may choose to go
I will always recall the city
Know every street and shore
Sail down the river which brings us life
Winding through my Singapore

Chorus:
This is home truly, where I know I must be
Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows
This is home surely, as my senses tell me
This is where I won’t be alone, for this is where I know it’s home

When there are troubles to go through
We’ll find a way to start anew
There is comfort in the knowledge
That home’s about its people too
So we’ll build our dreams together
Just like we’ve done before
Just like the river which brings us life
There’ll always be Singapore

HOME - Chinese Version

每一次我感到徬徨不自禁就會回頭望
我知道心中有個地方一定會有一盞燈
照亮每一顆黑暗的心房指引未來方向
沿著生命河流向前航就能登陸理想

我的家收藏我的歡喜悲傷
只要點燃希望夢就會自由飛翔
我的家給我一雙堅定翅膀
我的夢不論在何方一生的愛唯有家

再也不會感到徬徨不會再失意回頭望
我要用心中一點燭光燃放千萬戶輝煌
要讓繁華的城市更燦爛世界和平共享
全憑生命河流來導航一起登陸理想

我的家收藏我的歡喜悲傷
只要點燃希望夢就會自由飛翔
我的家給我一雙堅定翅膀
我的夢不論在何方一生的愛唯有家
一生的愛唯有家世世代代溫暖的家

Where I belong

Morning comes around and I
Can't wait to see my sunny island
In its glorious greenery, whether rain or shine, it's still beautiful
Bright lights shine on the streets at night
Guiding me closer to home
To a place where I'll be safe and warm, where I belong

Friends and families by my side
Seeing me through as I grow and learn
Everyday's experience, bitter sweet or sour
They're still wonderful
As they become precious memories
They'll be kept close to my heart
And no matter where I am I will always know, where I belong

Chorus:
Where I belong, where I keep my heart and soul
Where dreams come true for us
Where we walk together hand in hand towards a future so bright
Where I belong, where I keep my heart and soul
Where we're one big family
I want the whole world to know, I want to shout it out loud
That this is where I know I belong


Remember the days, we set out together with faith?
Remember the times, so fine, when we thought that
Nothing could stand in our way?

Then things weren't the same, the life that we knew had to change
We've struggled through, the darkest storms
We thought we couldn't tame

Together we've tried, as we stood side by side
I knew we'd build a new world
A world of hope for ever after

Deep in my heart I just know
Right from the start, we will grow
Look where we are, we've come so far
And there's still a long, long way to go

With all of my heart, I will care
I'll play my part, I will share
With family and friends, together we'll stand
And in the end, hand in hand
We will get there

So now we begin, working together to win
Believing in trust, it must
Be possible to overcome anything

There's so much to do, there's so much we can contribute
By sharing just a little love
We will start again anew

So why don't we try? If we stand side by side
I know we'll build a new world
A world of hope for ever after

Deep in my heart I just know
Right from the start, we will grow
Look where we are, we've come so far
And there's still a long, long way to go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...